Thursday, June 30, 2011

I am the Accessory.....

It may come as a shock to some of you that not every social occasion that The Goddess and I attend will be of my request or invitation. This is because The Ultimate Organised one has a social circle that puts Zuckerberg to shame and to top that off is also on more committees that any current sitting senator.

So on many occasions I will be / am known as the handbag.
"What " I hear you say,
 "An accessory ?"
Yup , you heard me correctly. Arm Candy, Handbag call it what you want.


Pic courtesy of 320636.spreadshirt.com


It's not a bad job actually and there are many benefits. Free food, free drinks, you get to go places that I'd struggle to get to under my own steam. I have actually met some Olympians and minor celebrities at these occasions so by default that makes me at least a C or D lister. (take heed PR companies).

And really all I have to do is meet people, say hello , make polite conversation and describe what I do in 5 seconds or less. Over and Over and Over and Over again. I'm not being funny about the number of people who know the Organised One.

I still remember one function several years ago that went like this.

" and this is Lachlan, he is married to Suzanne" pause 
 "you know The Suzanne" (what ? does she have impersonators attending other functions on her behalf ?)
"oh The Suzanne ! oh wow , so you're her husband !" ( well that's what the certificate says)
"Wow the husband of Suzanne ! " , pause ,
" Whats that like?" 
I go to tell her what its like and before I have drawn a breath, they are already dragging more people over with the phrase :
" and this is Lachlan, he's married to Suzanne !"

Image courtesy of heedthedub.blogspot.com

Anyway it gave me enough to really have some fun at home.

So now when functions come up I always prepare my self for what I think will happen  (secretly knowing/hoping  that it probably won't ) and then I'm prepared either way.

and every now and the some thing really cool happens.....

Disclaimer -  I am not now or have I ever been a male model. I got this job through sheer good fortune.

No comments:

Post a Comment