Monday, July 11, 2011

Admit it dearest , you love {TV show I don't want to watch}

I got caught laughing whilst not watching Offspring* and it reminded me of how often when I sit down to not watch a television show that I don't want to watch, I wind up; well kind of enjoying it.


On a weekend the TV will be going in the background whilst the family catches up on the stuff that didn't get done during the week and the kids will often have Scooby Doo or some other cartoon on. 


And before I know it we are having a discussion about the show along the lines of :


"how come Fred doesn't notice how Daphne feels about him "


and 


"why doesn't Shaggy just tell Scooby Doo about Velma and him ?

It's not that I dislike Scooby Doo , I just don't deliberately set aside time to watch it, yet when it's on I stop and watch and chuckle at every "and I would have gotten away with it if it wasn't for you meddling kids"


The same goes for all the RomComs that are on such as Winners and Losers and the rest of them. I grumble and groan about the mere suggestion of them being watched , because I want to watch something else (even though I don't know what that is.) But once they're on I find myself watching. 


As a keen amateur psychologist, I have decided I do this because I am comparing my life with these peoples lives and ensuring mine is perfect compared to theirs.


Case closed.






*For all my overseas readers = Offspring is a TV serial about an female obstetrician who has completely dysfunctional relationships with men and a family who rely on her completely to fix all their problems and communicate with each other. 


Its just like me except she has a brother and I don't.

No comments:

Post a Comment